8 years of experience in Canadian immigration law | +1-647-608-8177 | info@sokolovimmigration.com

Canada Study Permit

Why Study in Canada?

You may want to study in Canada for a variety of reasons. If you are looking for excellent, world-class education look no further. Canadian secondary and post-secondary education institutions offer an excellent combination of perfect academic environment, affordable prices, expert professors, and advanced facilities.

Studying in Canada is an excellent choice both for teenagers below 18 years old, who will find studying at a Canadian school a perfect opportunity to brush up their English language in preparation for a future career, and adult students, looking for a recognized degree to enter the global labour market fully equipped and ready.

In comparison to the USA and the Great Britain, the cost of studies in Canada is cheaper and more affordable. This does not reflect the quality of the education, as it has become possible because the government of Canada helps finance educational institutions, because by doing that the country invests in its own future.

In Canada, you will find an educational institution to meet not only your academic, but your aesthetic needs too. You will find schools, colleges and universities that look like centuries-old halls of Oxford and Harvard. Or, if you prefer more futuristic-looking, glass-and-steel concrete facilities that will make you think you are in a Star Wars Academy, you will find plenty of these too. And all that in the famous Canadian natural beauty!

Understanding the student's financial needs, Canada allows them to work both on and off-campus. You are allowed to work full-time on campus for any contractor, and you are allowed to work 20 hours a week off campus. During the holiday time, you are allowed to work full-time off campus. 

Canadian education is also a safe and secure way for immigration. A Canadian degree gives you points in the federal Express Entry system that serves the three biggest federal immigration programs – the Federal Skilled Workers Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class.

Also, graduation from a designated Canadian post-graduate institution, like college or university, qualifies you for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) that is given for 8 months to 3 years, and offers you an excellent opportunity to immigrate under Canadian Experiencу Class. If you have money to pay for two years of studies in Canada, this is one of the best immigration opportunities. Both rewarding and efficient.

Such work permit gives you an opportunity to work part-time or full time, be a payroll employee or become self-employed. Building connections with employers means you will likely get a job offer from them once your PGWP expires. And this, again, will add points to your Express Entry profile.

Education in Canada has many other benefits: safety, quality of life, enriching cultural experience, opportunity to discover Canadian fantastic natural beauty, a diverse and cosmopolitan environment, focus on research, original and interesting teaching style. Frankly, only a handful of countries offer anything similar.

Canadian education institutions also don't disciminate their students based on age. You can see people of every age group in your class. Canadians like to study and often change a career when they want a change in their life.  It is never too late to study!

What Do You Need to Study in Canada?

Well, first of all you will need money. Check out the website of the school / college / university that you like, and you should be able to see how much money you are expected to pay for tuition, books and accommodation as an international student. 

Secondly, you will need a Study Permit. A Study Permit is a written authorization issued to a foreign national that authorized them to engage in academic, professional, vocational, or other education or training. A Study Permit is issued when the program of studies exceeds 6 months in duration.

To apply for a Study Permit, you will need a letter of acceptance from the educational institutions, and you will need to show that you have enough funds to pay for your tuition, transportation,  and living costs. 

For minor children from grades 1 to 8, the Study Permit is normally valid for one year. For grades 9 to 12 or post-secondary institution, the Study Permit is valid for the duration of the study program plus 90 days.

Processing time ranges from a few weeks to several months. Colleges and universities often start enrollment one year before the class begins. This means that you should start working on your study permit early to be prepared well in advance.

At Sokolov Immigration, we work with many designated learning institutions, and we will be happy to advise you a college, a program of studies, and we will run you through the application process from start to finish.

An important thing to note – you will be issued a temporary resident visa (TRV) along with your approval letter (you get the actual Study Permit when you arrive in Canada from a CBSA officer). This means that you must meet same requirements as other applicants for a TRV. We have strategies in place to help you prepare a Study Permit application that will convince the officer of the temporary nature of your visit to Canada.

Getting approval for a re-submitted application is harder than getting approval from the first try. To avoid the trouble of re-submission, the first application must be perfect. Here's where we can help you. Get in touch with us today to inquire about your study opportunities in Canada.

How we can help you with a study permit application?

We will:

  • advise you on your chances to get a Study Permit
  • draft a motivational letter for review of the IRCC immigration officer
  • create a strategy to prove that you are a bona fide applicant and will return home after your visit to Canada
  • prepare and translate, if necessary, the supporting documents
  • write a legal representative's submission letter where we will highlight the strong points of your application
  • complete all applications forms correctly to avoid any future accusation in misrepresentation and 5-year ban to come to Canada.

While you do your job, trust us to do ours. At Sokolov Immigration, we have the experience and expertise in Study Permit applications, and we will be happy to help you get a Study Permit to commence your studies in Canada as soon as possible.


4981 Bathurst St., Toronto, ON, M2R 1Y5, Canada

Vitaliy consults online — Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp etc.

Vitaliy consults after 7 PM EST and on the weekend.

Paid consultation options: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and 1 hour.

Book your consultation in advance.

Free inquiries by email.

Get in touch

Become a registered agent of SOKOLOV IMMIGRATION. Help us connect with your country. Contact us to discuss the advantages of working with licensed immigration consultant.

Privacy Policy

Terms of Use