8 years of experience in Canadian immigration law | +1-647-608-8177 | info@sokolovimmigration.com

Canada Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)
If you are inadmissible to Canada but still need to enter Canada, you may apply for a Temporary Resident Permit also known as "ministerial permit" or TRP.

By issuing you a Temporary Resident Permit, the Canadian immigration officer recognizes that your need to enter Canada or stay in Canada outweighs the safety or health risks to the Canadian society.

A TRP is issued for the duration of your visit. A holder of a TRP which is valid for at least 6 months, can apply inside Canada for a work or study permit. 

Under some circumstances, TRP holders may apply for Canadian permanent resident in 3-5 years of continuous residence in Canada. 

There is a 1-year ban in place to apply for TRP for refugee claimants since the day of the last decision / withdrawal or abandonment of claim.

Persons whose refugee claims were deemed ineligible to be referred to the Refugee Protection Division may not apply for TRP if they have a pendign PRRA application.

How we can help you with a Temporary Resident Permit application?

Whether you are looking to extend your Canadian Study Permit or change conditions of your Canadian Study Permit, at Sokolov Immigration, we can handle your case expertly.

We will:

  • advise you on your chances to get a Temporary Resident Permit
  • assess your inadmissibility
  • draft letters of support for review of the IRCC immigration officer
  • create a strategy to prove that the need for your presence in Canada outweighs your inadmissibility
  • prepare and translate, if necessary, the supporting documents
  • write a legal representative's submission letter where we will highlight the strong points of your application
  • complete all applications forms correctly to avoid any future accusation in misrepresentation and 5-year ban to come to Canada.

While you do your job, trust us to do ours. At Sokolov Immigration, we have the experience and expertise in Temporary Resident Permit applications, and we will be happy to help you!

We build strong, winning cases. Contact us today for an advice how to apply for Temporary Resident Permit, and we will offer a solution tailored to your needs and based on the unique nature of your case.


4981 Bathurst St., Toronto, ON, M2R 1Y5, Canada

Online consultation via Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WhatsApp etc.

Weekend consultation option.

Paid consultation options: 30 minutes and 1 hour.

Book your consultation in advance.

Free inquiries by email.

Get in touch

Become a registered agent of SOKOLOV IMMIGRATION. Help us connect with your country. Contact us to discuss the advantages of working with licensed immigration consultant.

Privacy Policy

Terms of Use